Friday, January 14, 2005

Out of the Box



Yesterday, I owned a house. Tonight, the belongings are in a 10'x 15' x 8' storage unit. It took until 11 p.m. to remove everything from house, and took until 3 p.m. today to get everything into storage. I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Pinole just to recuperate, hoping that tomorrow my posture will revert to its old self. Tomorrow, I go to the Point Reyes Hostel, where it is prime whale watching season.

I learned three things during my move.
1) Good cardboard boxes are priceless. (Costco is good for something.)
2) The day laborers that hang out in the Home Depot parking lot are amazing, motivated, have the strength of ten men, and are brilliant. Thank you Lalo for doing all of the things I found impossible.
3) Moving is physical torture, so it must be good for you.

My fortune cookie tonight tells me that "I will succeed at whatever I set out to do." or something like that. I think whomever writes fortune cookies has a great attitude.

Tomorrow will be a new day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home