Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bashibashi

Bashibashi is the name of my fantasy baseball team. I noticed "bashi", which translates as bridge, in several Japanese city names. So, "bridge bridge" is the literal translation of my team name. I obviously mean something profound.

I have changed only one of the bashers on the team, substituting Adam Lind, age 23, OF, Toronto for Jim Edmonds. My logic was that with Reed Johnson injured, Adam Lind would be an everyday player. Bill James projects a remarkable OPS of .986 for Lind versus a still very high .900 for Edmonds. Both play in stacked lineups with many RBI and R opportunities. The main rationale for the change is that the 37-year-old Edmonds is now benched versus most left-handed pitchers.

I finally cut bait with Mark Prior, who underwent shoulder surgery yesterday. I also cut Kerry Wood and substituted his DL spot with Felix Hernandez. In place of the wounded Cubs, I added Tim Lincecum, SP, SF, a dominant minor leaguer, and Daniel Cabrera, SP, Baltimore, a power pitcher, always wild in the past, who finally seems to have mastered his control.

Joakim Soria is now the closer in Kansas City, so I added him in place of David Riske. With five closers, Bashibashi is accumulating saves. Bashibashi has not pitched many innings (about six games behind pace) with only three active starters to this point-- Rich Hill, Felix Hernandez (injured) and Anthony Reyes. With Roger Clemens and Tim Lincecum on the bench, this is not a problem, since once all of the starters are active, there will be more pitchers than needed.

Bashibashi is off to a good start, hitting and pitching on all cylinders.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home