Friday, April 18, 2008

Better Lucky than Good

Gloating always backfires, so I can expect David Wright, B.J. Upton, Derrek Lee, Justin Upton, Joe Mauer, Felix Hernandez and John Smoltz to visit the DL next week. But for now, I can happily gloat that my Yahoo baseball team is doing the best it has done since at least 2005, and possibly 2003. Overall Yahoo rank is 996, which is my first appearance in the top 1000, I believe. Adjusted points is 141.21, which is less than the 2007 finish.

Justin Upton appears now to be this year's break-out player. We will see. As pointed out in the previous blog entries, much luck is involved.

Oh, and a struggling Rich Hill was picked off the waiver wire, not in time for today's game, but in time for the next. I could not have traded for a pitcher that I feel better about, though the fact that he has not thrown strikes since August is disconcerting. Here is to Rich Hill's comeback!

Labels: ,